I remember it like it was yesterday. The visit, double visit, to the Netflix headquarters. Five years ago, and much, much has changed in the world panorama of culture and more specifically in that of audiovisual entertainment. A pandemic, for example, that left unprecedented growth on streaming platforms and probably absurd expectations. A war that is on its 151st day (as of when I write these lines) and that promises to mistreat all economic sectors.
A lot has changed since May 2018, but the memory of that double visit, one to the headquarters in Los Angeles and another to Los Gatos in San Francisco (both in the US), remains indelible with me. I think I want to start with a Proust madeleine, with a very specific memory capable of evoking the spinal cord of this column, Netflix’s great mistake, the one that could cost you, perhaps, your life.
Friends From College – Season Two – Source: Netflix
The return of Gillian Anderson to the television microcosm is always good news. In this case, the star of The X-Files – who had a great revenge with the role of Bedelia Du Maurier in Bryan Fuller’s unforgettable Hannibal – commands Sex Education, a dramatic comedy created by Laurie Nunn in which Anderson plays Jean Thompson, a sex therapist who lives with her son Otis (Asa Butterfield), who has difficulty establishing relationships with those around him.
Movie Releases on Netflix (November
Enola Holmes 2 is one of the movies coming to Netflix in November 2022.
- Mr. Bean’s Holiday (11/1/2022) The ill-fated Mr. Bean takes a vacation to the French Riviera, where he becomes involved in an accidental kidnapping and a case of mistaken identity.
- Miami Vice (11/1 /2022).To identify those responsible for a series of murders, Tubbs and Crockett work undercover with a South Florida drug lord.
- Enola Holmes 2 (11/4/2022) Enola accepts her first Official case as a detective, but you’ll need the help of your friends—and your brother Sherlock to solve the mystery.
- The Claus Family 2 (11/8/2022) What’s Santa’s only job? But while carrying on his grandfather’s legacy, Jules finds a very special letter.
- A soccer movie… and mutants (11/9/2022). Four soccer superfans team up to help their idols get their skills back after an evil scientist steals their talent.
- Christmas suddenly (11/10/2022). After losing her memory in a ski accident, a cocky heiress ends up in the care of a widower and his daughter over Christmas time.
- Dad’s dragon (11/11/2022). A boy travels to the mysterious Savage Island, where he confronts ferocious beasts and strikes up a friendship that will last a lifetime.
- The prodigy (11/16/2022). In 1862, a tormented nurse travels from England to a remote village in Ireland to investigate a young girl’s alleged miraculous fasting. THIS WEEK
“Rebelde”, second season
Fortunately we didn’t have to wait years for the second season of the reinvention of one of the musical series of cult in Latin America, “Rebelde”.
what’s up All the light we can’t see?
As mentioned above, Netflix’s All the Light We Cannot See is an adaptation of Anthony Doerr’s 2014 Pulitzer Prize-winning novel of the same name.
Here’s the book summary for All the Light We Can’t See as Seen on Amazon: